If your iPhone has been harmed by water, it’s simple to figure out. For an iPhone 4, you just need to glance at the charging port, whereas for iPhones 5, 6, and 7, you only need to look at the SIM card tray slot. When your device has been damaged by water, there will be a small white tab that becomes red.
What to Do If You Drop Your Phone in Water
While iPhone water damage repair is feasible, there are several precautions you should take right away if your iPhone has been dropped in water. These stages are as follows:
- To avoid a short circuit, turn off your phone.
- Remove your case so that the water does not get trapped inside.
- Wipe off your iPhone, including the charging port, SIM card tray, and headphone jack, with an absorbent cloth.
- Place your phone somewhere where it will be able to dry naturally for 48 to 72 hours.
Water damage to your phone might result in a variety of problems. Which issue you’re dealing with will determine how to mend a water-damaged iPhone. The following are some of the issues:
- Your iPhone might not turn on because it has been short-circuited. Or because some of its internal compounds have been damaged, or corroded. This could compromise your phone’s circuits. You will need to take your iPhone in to a professional to repair iPhone water damage.
- If your iPhone stops charging after being dropped in water, it’s possible that your charging port is defective. If water has entered the charging port, this is even more likely. It is possible for the charging port to become corroded, or your iPhone’s battery may have been damaged. To prevent your phone from short-circuiting, allow the port to dry completely before plugging it in.
- Sometimes water can cause damage to your screen by leaving dark marks or lines beneath the glass. It’s not possible to tell right away if your iPhone has suffered permanent damage or if it will cause other problems. To avoid this, turn off your iPhone and allow it to dry as long as you can. Although this seems like a simple solution to repairing a water damaged iPhone it is not. Additional corrosion can cause damage to the circuitry, which could lead to the screen not working. To have your iPhone assessed by a professional and to fix any issues, take it to the store.
- If your iPhone gets wet, it may also cause damage to its speakers. However, it can be difficult to determine if this is the issue or if there is a larger problem that has gone unnoticed. You should let your iPhone air dry if you suspect water is the problem. Before you turn it on again, make sure to backup all your data. You should not use your phone if there is water in the speaker. After backing up your data, you can play some music or a ringtone. This will help you identify if your phone is in trouble. However, it’s important to make sure you don’t damage it further.
Call a professional to fix an iPhone that has been damaged by water. You shouldn’t entrust your phone’s repair to just anybody. Take it to M6 Repairs as soon as possible to get it mended.